Social Distancing Guidelines
At Moriarty Law, our top priority is the safety of our people. As we learn to coexist with the COVID-19 virus and work safely at our offices, a variety of newly required workplace practises have been implemented for everyone's benefit and well-being. The following Social Distancing Guidelines are part of these protocols. They apply to all employees, contractors, and visitors of the office locations (including tenants in shared areas). Strict adherence is required so that business can be conducted safely.
Anyone feeling they have a temperature or any other symptoms of COVID-19 or Flu should not enter the workplace.
What Is Social Distancing
Social distancing - keeping space between yourself and others - is a simple yet effective mechanism to prevent infection of COVID-19. Social distancing behaviours are required on the property and include (but are not limited) to hallways, stairways, elevators, common areas,entrance/exit areas, workstations, and offices.
The key elements of social distancing are:
- Stay at least 2 metres away from other people.
- Do not touch others; including normal business appropriate behaviour like handshakes.
- Avoid touching surfaces others have been in contact with, to the extent feasible. (Think: pens, pencils, printers, door handles, etc).
- Do not gather in large groups
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements
Moriarty Law has implemented a mask protocol in the workplace.
- Every employee and contractor will be provided with surgical masks as part of their welcome pack to help prevent the spread of infection.
- Everyone is required to wear masks if inside the building except if you are at your workstation or eating or drinking.
- Masks can be re-used but if they become obviously damaged, dirty or hard to breathe through, discard of it in the designated bins.
Remember: masks are not a substitute for social distancing. They are a secondary layer of protection if distancing cannot be guaranteed.
Physical Workspace Modifications
- Work designs will avoid face-to-face desk layouts with less than 2 metres of separation.
- You may need to move to a different work area in order to meet these distancing requirements.
- You will be notified if you are required to work in a different location.
- We will monitor each returning person's work location to ensure adequate separation of occupied workstations.
Maintaining The Cleanliness Of Your Working Area
We are taking heightened measures to clean and disinfect the workspace on a daily basis using the cleaning materials provided. This will provide another layer of protection.
Hand sanitizer stations have been strategically placed throughout the building(s) to best facilitate their use.
Meeting Rooms & Enclaves
There should always be 2 metres of separation between individuals including in meeting, conference and breakout rooms.
- Everyone is encouraged to leverage Microsoft Teams to conduct virtual meetings wherever possible.
- If an in-person meeting is essential, face masks need to be worn.
- Room capacities based on social distancing guideline will be posted in all meeting rooms.
- Everyone must maintain 2 metres of social distancing and therefore, one person at a time is permitted in the restrooms.
- Good personal hygiene habits are important especially before and after touching common surfaces. Disposable paper towels will be provided.
Due to the limited space, it is required that only 1 person at a time uses an elevator. You should wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before and after touching shared surfaces such as elevator buttons. Hand sanitizer stations have been strategically placed throughout the building(s) to best facilitate their use.
Staircases, Hallways & Handrails
You should keep moving as you walk through the hallways and staircases and you need to allow for the required 2 metres of social distancing While you are generally discouraged from touching common surfaces - it is advised that you use the handrails when ascending or descending stairs. You must wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before and after utilising a staircase. Hand sanitizer stations have been strategically placed throughout the building(s) to best facilitate their use.
Printers & Office Supply Areas
Maintain 2 metres of separation while waiting to use the printer. You are required to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before and after touching shared office equipment.
- The kitchen areas are to be used for obtaining hot water for drinks from the urns and not for eating/drinking or socialising.
- You will be provided with a "Drinks Pack" which will include tea/coffee sachets etc. for your personal use so that you will simply need to access the hot water dispensers.
Hot water dispensers and sinks will be available to use but fridges and cupboards will not be accessible. Any touch points used (e.g. water dispenser handle) should be cleaned before and after use, using the wipes provided.
- You can bring your own food, either from home or nearby food outlets.
You are encouraged to eat at your workstations.